Terms and Conditions
- All toughened glass supplied by Spectrum Art Glass meets Australian standard AS1288.
- Quotes are valid for 30 days, prices may change due to changes in the cost of raw materials or other reasons, and we reserve the right to amend quotations accordingly.
- Lead times given at the time of quotation or order may vary due to unforseen circumstances, Spectrum Art Glass will not be liable for any delays in delivery to customers or their clients.
- Quotes do not include delivery, measure or installation unless this is requested and specified on the quote in writing.Spectrum Art Glass takes all care but accepts no responsibility when customers own glass is being processed or handled.
- Where templates are supplied, they must be to cutting size of glass and of a rigid form, E.g: MDF or plywood, paper and cardboard will not be accepted.
- A deposit of 10% and 40% part payment on materials is payable in order to proceed with the job.
- By signing a quote or artwork in acceptance and /or paying a deposit you are entering into a contract with Spectrum Art Glass.
- The balance is payable on completion of the work and collection from our warehouse or delivery or installation on site.
- Spectrum Art Glass reserves the right to withhold delivery or re-posses glass supplied by us if any payment is not made.
- Spectrum Art Glass may also charge interest at the current penalty rate on any overdue amounts and storage fees if we must hold glass on your behalf due to non payment.
- As Spectrum Art Glass products are all custom made they cannot be returned.
- All Glass must be checked prior to leaving the factory by the purchaser or their representative, and signed off.
- Any discrepancies with the finished product must be brought to the attention of Spectrum Art Glass before glass is signed off in acceptance.
- Spectrum Art Glass accepts no responsibility for any damage or faults after the glass has been signed for and or left our premises.
- Texture and shade variation are part of the finished product when purchasing kiln fired products. The finished product may vary from samples as all Spectrum Art Glass is custom made to order.
- Spectrum Art Glass take no responsibility for any measurements not taken by us.
- Spectrum Art Glass do not accept responsibility for goods damaged by other carriers.
- Insurance of goods shall be the responsibility of the purchaser.
Laminated Glass & Laminating Customers Own Glass
Spectrum Art Glass hereby provides the following Warranty in respect of laminated glass ("the Product") but excluding toughened (tempered) and heat-strengthened glass laminates.
Please Note: When glass is supplied by a customer, Spectrum will take all care but no responsibility for handling or treating such glass.
1. Warranty Period and Details
Subject to the provisions of this Warranty Spectrum warrants that the Product will be, for a period of 5 years from the date of manufacture, free of:
(a) edge separation or delamination other than that which occurs within 6mm of the original glass edges.
(b) visible or visual defects, inclusions or faults that can be seen from a distance of at least 3 metres
2. Warranty Coverage.
So far as the law permits, this Warranty provides only for free replacement of the Product supplied by Spectrum and under this Warranty, Spectrum accepts no liability for personal injury, loss, claims, property damage, or labour, material or other costs (whether special or consequential or otherwise), howsoever caused or arising and whether direct or indirect.
3. Compliance to Standards
The Product conforms to the applicable Australian and New Zealand Standards AS/NZS 2208 and AS/NZS 2080
The Warranty is further subject to the following conditions:
(a) the Warranty applies only to Product in the size, shape and form supplied by Spectrum to the Buyer. Any Product undergoing subsequent cutting, edge working or processing shall be excluded from this Warranty;
(b) the Buyer acknowledges that the Product at the time of receipt was undamaged, clean and free from any defects;
(c) the Product is protected from contact with wet cement, hard foreign objects, metals and material likely to cause abrasive damage;
(d) the glass components are not damaged in any way before or during installation;
(e) the Product is installed in a manner that prevents contact with moisture at the glass edge;
(f) the Product is not exposed to chemical fumes or gases other than those present in normal clear atmospheric air nor is subjected to exposure to water or moisture which may cause rainbow type staining, nor is exposed to radiation of any type other than normal sunlight;
(g) the Product is not subject, or likely to be subject to stresses from any cause;
(h) the Product is not installed where temperatures greater than 70°C are likely to be experienced; and
(i) any sealant used in glazing is compatible with the laminated glass interlayer
5. Reporting and Verification of Product Failure
Spectrum has the right to establish to its satisfaction that any Product deterioration or failure is in accordance with the above Warranty and that all of the above conditions have been met. Any failure of the Product must be reported immediately to Spectrum to enable the Product to be examined in situ by Spectrum to determine cause of failure and if failure of the Product is not notified to Spectrum within seven days of failure, the Buyer will be deemed to have waived all rights under the Warranty.
6. Spectrum do not take any responsibility for the buyer installing or using laminated glass in locations that are not to code.
It is the buyers and or installers responsibility to adhere to the codes applicable for installation of laminated glass to Australian standards.
7. the Warranty specifically excludes any consequence of glass breakage.
8. Any replacement Product supplied pursuant to this Warranty will be warranted only until the expiration of the Warranty period for the original Product.